For Coaches, Youth and Parents (parents asked to sign the Pledge of Behaviors)
The North Babylon Athletics Club has adopted a zero tolerance policy for violence and "bullying". This policy includes but is not limited to acts of physical violence, threats of physical violence, threatening behavior and bullying. Should any violation occur by a participant (player, coach, youth, parent or spectator), there will be immediate expulsion from the league (or event in the case of a spectator) with no refund of fees expended. The following highlights the behaviors that we want our NBAC parents to promote, demonstrate and commit to:
Parents Pledge of Behaviors
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by being an example and through being supportive to all players, coaches and officials at all NBAC events and activities.
- I will stress the benefit of skill, development and practices instead of "winning" with my child.
- I will not coach my child or others during the games and practices unless I am an official coach.
- I will notify the coach of any physical limitation or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or others.
- I will put the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will support the entire NBAC including coaches, children and officials by working with my child to promote a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will require a sports environment for my child that is drugs, tobacco and alcohol free. I will not use such things at all NBAC events and activities.
- I will require my child to treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will respect the officials and their authority at games and I will not confront coaches during the game. I will speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will not express unsportsmanlike behavior with coaches, officials, players or parents including booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands or using inappropriate language or gestures.
- I will do anything I can to support my child and make the experience an enjoyable one for them by being a respectful fan, volunteering as a coach, providing transportation, becoming a "team parent" of anything else that is positive.
- I will let the coaches coach; I will let the officials officiate and most of all I will let the children play.
- I will take responsibility for the actions of any guests that I bring to my child's game and/or practice.
- I will remember that this is merely a game and the most important thing is to let my child play and have fun.
Parents will be asked to sign this pledge of behaviors in hard copy and it will be retained in NBAC records.